Thursday, May 21, 2009

Part 8 : Simply Jump Over The Bubbles...

Hey Everybody! I'm back and better then ever. Sorry I took so long to post the 8th part, but I had some loose end to tie up and some deep soul searching. I'd like to thank everybody for being so patient and hopefully you'll keep enjoying what I deliver x x.


With the concert and planning Nayla's birthday surprise, He had his hands full. He stayed after school with his students, making sure that everybody got their parts right, helping them where they had some trouble hitting the right notes , and making sure they took good care of their instruments. While they weren't around, he'd be making phone calls to flower shops, calling numerous jewelers, and etc… He wanted everything to be perfect and so much more. She deserved it. After a while, He put his iPod headphones into his ears and started searching some things online. He heard somebody walk in but probably thought it was one of the cleaners, coming to clean up after the students. He continued to work, till he felt somebody tap him on shoulder. He turned around and when he did, his face turned ghost white..

J: Marwa?! What are u doing here?!....

Marwa: I'm here to see my baby? Don't I have the right to?

J: I'm not your baby anymore, you made that clear last time you saw me, remember?

Marwa: You know I was just mad sweetie; we were having a huge fight over nothing.

J: If it was really over nothing, you would have tried to make things better the very next day, not 2 years later ….

She stood there speechless, not knowing what to say.

You see, Marwa was J's First Love. They met while they were both studying in New York, and had right away fallen in love. Well at least J did. They were Both 18 and stayed together for over a year. They did everything together until one day; they were going over study notes till one of her guy friends bumped into them. Let's rewind time to 3 years ago to a cold winter's day….
Khalid: Marwa...

Marwa turned he head to face him.

Marwa: Khalid, what are u doing in New York?

Khalid: I study here, How've u been?

Marwa: I've been great…

J coughed, making sure she didn't forget he was there..

Marwa: Oh sorry where are my manners? J this is Khalid, Khalid this is J.

They both exchanged their hellos and chit chatted a bit.

Khalid: Anyways I've got to go , it was nice meeting you J and see you around Memo…

Marwa "feeling nervous": Yeah, you too…

After he left there was an awkward silence between J and Marwa for a while until J finally spoke up...

J: what did he mean by "see you around Memo ..."?!

Marwa: Baby it's nothing, Khalid's an old friend of mine and its a pet name.

J: I didn't think I was going to have to bring this up, but I know who he really is Marwa...

Sweat starting forming at her brow, while she started playing with her hand nervously…

Marwa: What do you mean?

J : Jason told me he saw you with that guy on campus last week and that you two were getting a little too friendly..

Marwa: Oh come on! You believe that bastered? He's high half the time and never pays attention to anything…

J: Stop right there. First things first, you have no right to call him that. Second, he was dead serious, and I know when he's bullshitting and when he isn't.

Marwa: Come on baby, you know I'd never do that to you.

J: You admitted to me that you used to be a player, how can I believe you aren't playing me right now?

Marwa: I wouldn’t do that to you….

J: Marwa, we've been together for over a year now, I know when your lying and when your not… You're lying now.

Marwa: How would you know if I was lying? You never even pay attention to me.

J: I pay more attention to you then I do to myself!

Marwa: Don't shout at me, I'm not a little kid.

J: I wish you were, at least a kid would tell me the truth!!

Marwa: That's it, you've crossed the boundaries.. IT'S OVERR!

She picked up her stuff and walked out, leaving him to stare dumbfoundly at her while she walked away. He never heard from her again. He'd hear about how she and Khalid hooked up and that she was on top of the world, while J hit rock bottom. He couldn't sleep or eat, He was miserable. He eventually finished college in 3 years , thanks to the fact that he took I.B. in high school, he graduated and headed back to his home country , Bahrain. Now back to where our story was…


Marwa: Sweetie, the past is past and I was a kid then, I didn't get anything, and I was confused… I still love you...

J: ENOUGH!

Marwa was startled; he'd never seen him burst like that ever…

J: IN WHAT PARLLEL WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN WHERE YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST WALK RIGHT BACK INTO MY LIFE AFTER WHAT YOU DID? YOU DESTROYED ME! YOU WENT OFF WITH THAT SON OF ……you know what? It's not even worth it anymore. I'm done saying what I have to say, now get out of my face, and I never want to see you again...

Marwa: You must really love her ha?

J: Yes I do , and I know she loves me back. I'm about to give her everything I was willing to give you and so much world.

Marwa: Can I know what her name is?

J: It's Nayla, and she's my angel.

Marwa: Alright then, See you around J and Take good care of her.

She then walked towards the door, not looking back not once, just as she did last time. Except this time J was the one who took control. He had never been more relieved in his life. It was something he had kept bottled up for what seemed like eternity. He then got back to his laptop and continued going through the web pages.

He kept telling himself  "Just jump over the bubbles..."


4 comments:

  1. Well.. She took that pretty well, but then again, why wouldn't she? It's been two years...
    I love your story btw... and welcome back =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one has to accept the conquences of their actions after all ;) Aww thanxx , It's good to be back = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE BACK ;D

    amazing post, bs I have a feeling that marwa is going to do something she wont just give him up but I hope thats not the case ;**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I Am ;)
    Thanx = D x x.
    Hey , you never know just expect the un-expected ; )

    ReplyDelete

Followers